STS EQUIPMENT SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Maintain and record maintenance of client and STS equipment including but not limited to: gas monitors, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, air trailers, SCBA (Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus), SAR (Supplied-Air Respirator), air cylinders, air compressor calibration, and gas and fire suppression systems. Must be willing to provide outstanding customer service, reflect positive attitude, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Service extinguishers promptly and within NFPA 10 Standards.
- Schedule extinguisher pick-up and drop-off.
- Schedule equipment pick-up and drop-off.
- Make service calls to prospective clients for estimating purposes.
- Maintain company vehicle and work areas.
- Air sampling of air trailer or compressors when necessary.
- Maintaining STS equipment related to their jobs in good repair. (i.e., air monitors, docking stations for monitors, rental equipment, air trailers, and fire protection equipment.
- Professional appearance and grooming.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Follow at least all minimum standards regarding equipment.
- Report client complaints utilizing the STS Client Complaint Form.
All employees are required to be productive during working time, and to support the overall operation of the business. Any employee may be assigned to any work outside his or her job classification on an as-needed basis, so long as the employee is qualified to perform the work. Upon request, employees will participate in cross-training to enable them to support other segments of the business.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Maintain personal auto insurance at all times.
- Good mechanical skills and proper use of tools.
- Desire to complete fire extinguisher training and certification.
- Ability to communicate in person and in writing, using proper English.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.; bend, stretch, twist, and squat; sit or stand for extended periods, and to use a ladder safely.
- Work indoors and outdoors all year long without disturbing clients' business.
To be achieved by first year and maintained as required:
- OSHA 10 hour training
- ICC certification for portable first extinguishers
- HazMat training (Awareness level)
- Any other training necessary to do your job.
- Limited to use of company gas card.
- Knowledge of current prices for technical services.
- Capable of generating a simple invoice in the field using a job order form (i.e., service call charges plus tagging fee in field).
- Ability to take various forms of payment and keep information secure.
- Reports to Technical Services Manager.
- Attends monthly meetings.
- Improve your skills and knowledge as needed (new equipment and standards).
- Computer-based database entry.
- Proficiency using email (writing, sending, attaching files).
- Indoor as well as outdoor - at times, during inclement weather.
- From residential client properties to industrial envrionments.
Any Safety Training Services motor vehicles they are licensed to operate and have approval to use, fire extinguisher refill station, high pressure compressor(s), calibration stations, power tools and any other equipment necessary to complete their job safely.
Terms of Employment
All employment at Safety Training Services, Inc. is considered "At Will." This position requires a mandatory 90 day probationary period.