STS FIELD SERVICES TECHNICIAN
TITLE OF POSITION: Field Services Technician
DEPARTMENT: Field Services Division
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implementing technical skills and operating equipment necessary for completing rescue jobs as assigned by the Field Services Manager.
- Applying appropriate tactics and techniques such as rope rescue operations, confined space rescue, shoring and stabilization, victim packaging, and extrication.
- Adhering to all safety procedures both in the office and out in the field.
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Field Services Manager.
- Completing all necessary paperwork as required by this job position.
- Attending and participating in monthly Rescue Team Meetings as scheduled by the Field Services Manager.
Terms of Employment
All employment at Safety Training Services, Inc. is considered "At Will." This position requires a mandatory 90 day probationary period at which time the employee will be evaluated and a determination made whether the employee will continue in this position. We are a drug and alcohol free workplace.
- Proficient in basic fire extinguishment techniques. [OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.157]
- Proficient in basic first aid/CPR/AED.
- Familiar with rope use and maintenance.
- Proficient in the set-up and use of rappeling systems, belays & lowering systems, mechanical advantage systems, ascending systems, and self-rescue techniques.
- Proficient in patient packaging, litter rigging, and removal.
- Proficient in confined space rescue techniques. [OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.146(k)]
- Understanding of the definition of a confined space and confined space rescue terminology. [OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.146]
- Working knowledge of confined space hazards.
- Proficient in hazard control techniques (monitoring and ventilation).
- Proficient in the use of breathing appartus systems (S.C.B.A., supplied air systems, etc.).
- Proficient in the application of entry and egress rope systems and special patient removal techniques.
- Proficient in support operations (lighting, personnel rotation, air supplies, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of communications equipment for confined space rescue.
- Proficient in shoring and stabilization techniques.
- Proficient in hazardous materials handling up to the technician level.
- Ability to utilize or integrate with local resources to coordinate a proper response.
- Ability to properly utilize equipment and tools, and apply techniques to achieve victim extrication and removal.
- Ability to answer all client questions courteously and with sincerity.
- Ability to complete all necessary paperwork (confined space permits, expense reports, etc.) in a neat and timely manner.
- Refrain from using profanity or any off-color/offensive comments.
- Remain awake and alert at all times while on the job.
- Inform the Field Services Manager if any situation at a jobsite changes from the original agreed upon work conditions.
- Ensure the safety of all clients and STS employees while working.
Good physical shape; must be able to pass a physical, including but not limited to drug test, respirator medical test (OSHA Standard 1910.134(e), medical evaluation), eye exam, chest x-ray, and basic physical.
Willing to work through all weather extremes outside.
Must be able to pass through a 16" manhole at any given job site.
Must have a valid driver's license, and insurance.
Must have own transporation.
Have phone number where you can be reached at all times, and have an email address.
Personal skills: Trustworthy, be able to work others, good communications and documentation skills, have a basic understanding of a computer, good handwriting skills
Time availability: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Any temperature from 110 degrees to -10.
Indoor or outdoor.
Above or below ground.