First Aid Training/CPR/AED
First Aid Training - This 8-hour program is for personnel who might encounter a person who suffers an injury resulting from either medical or traumatic causes. A card in first aid from EMS Safety Services will be presented after the completion of this course. Complies with the personnel requirements set forth in 29 CFR 1910.151.
CPR/AED Training - This 4-hour portion of the program applies to rescue personnel or any personnel who might encounter a victim, who suffers a heart attack resulting from either medical or traumatic causes. Complies with the personnel requirements set forth in 29 CFR 1910.151. 4-Hr. CPR/AED course also available.
Safety Training Services, Inc. will conduct an 8-Hour training program on Basic First Aid / CPR /
AED in accordance with EMS Safety Services (www.emssafety.com) guidelines that satisfies OSHA
regulations. Hands-on exercises and section review questions reinforce training. Program
requires written and skills testing. After attending this class participants will know:
- How to use the EMS system
- How to identify and care for breathing emergencies
- How to identify and care for heart attack and cardiac arrest in adults
- How to reduce the risk of heart attack
- How to identify and care for life-threatening bleeding
- How to identify and provide care for different sudden illnesses and injuries
- How to provide care for different types of wounds
- How to splint dislocations, strains, sprains, and fractures.
Click Here to download a PDF of the course overview
Recently we were contacted and told there is a great informational resource concerning CPR on the Regis College website. We agree! Check out the "CPR Information and Health Training Resource Guide."