Bloodborne Pathogen Training
Bloodborne Pathogen Training - This 2-hour class review procedures participants need to be familiar with to avoid bloodborne diseases spread through contact with blood and certain body fluids. Meets the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.1030 (g).
Bloodborne Pathogen Course Overview
Safety Training Services, Inc. will conduct bloodborne pathogen training and review procedures needed to avoid diseases spread through contact with blood and/or certain body fluids, or articles that are, or may be, contaminated by blood or body fluids. This training is intended to help employees work safely and to comply with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030 [g]). After attending the class participants will understand and be ready to explain:
• Incident and exposure protocols, as well as post-exposure medical follow-up procedures.
• Work practices geared to reduce exposure risks.
• Engineering controls and how they are used and maintained.
• The purpose of personal protective equipment, where it is kept, and when it must be used and how.
• Procedures for handling and disposing of wastes.
• Procedures for handling contaminated laundry and personal clothing.
Click Here to download a PDF of the course overview