MEWP Operator Safety Training
(Mobile Elevating Work Platform)
MEWP Operator Training is an training class that applies to persons engaged in the design, maintenance, use and operation of MEWPs (Mobile Elevating Work Platform). This includes scissor lifts, boom lifts, manual lifts and various types of trailer-mounted lift devices. Formerly known as AWP Aerial Work Platforms.
Safety Training Services, Inc. presents ANSI Standards A92.22-20 for safe use, and A92.24-20 for training. This program provides the necessary training requirements to advance job-site workers/staff/employees to “Qualified Person” status as required by OSHA/ANSI.
Operators will be trained and tested (written and practical) in the safe operation of both scissor lift & boom lift related tasks/topics such as the following:
- The purpose, use & location of manuals.
- Proper storage of maintenance & operating manuals.
- A pre-start inspection of the MEWP (mobile elevating work platform).
- Workplace inspection prior to operating the MEWP.
- Responsibilities associated with problems or malfunctions affecting operation of the MEWP.
- Factors affecting stability.
- The purpose of placards & decals.
- Safety rules & regulations.
- Authorization to operate the MEWP.
- Identification of hazards associated with operation of the MEWP.
- Operating warnings and instructions.
- Demonstration of proficiency in the operation of the MEWP.
- Perform MEWP Workplace Risk Assessment
- Perform MEWP Rescue Plan
Click here to download a PDF of the Course Overview
This operator status will be validated by the issuance, with successful course completion, a wallet sized photo ID card with listed course credentials by Safety Training Services, valid for 3 years.
Training records are maintained electronically beyond ANSI 4 year requirements.