Industrial/Confined Space Rescue Training Course - This program is intended for personnel who serve as entrants into confined spaces. This hands-on course puts you in "real life" scenarios such as making a rescue that satisfies the standard 29 CFR 1910.146 as (permit-required) confined spaces.
(Prerequisite: 8-hr Confined Space Entry)
(Recommended: First Aid Training/CPR/AED Training)
Safety Training Services, Inc. presents a comprehensive program for employers whose employee’s are to enter confined spaces for the purpose of rescuing downed entrants. This is an intensive hands-on course that will give the prospective rescuer the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively perform a rescue. Teamwork and team development skills are emphasized in all aspects of this course. The hands-on portion of the class will take place in a state-of-the-art rescue simulation practice field. After attending this class participants will:
- Understand the construction, usages, and limitations of various types of hardware and software such as ropes, webbing, carabiners, and pulleys.
- Demonstrate proficiency in tying and utilizing knots as appropriate.
- Demonstrate proficiency in configuring acceptable anchor points.
- Understand the dynamics of critical angles and forces involved.
- Demonstrate proficiency in constructing lowering systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in constructing mechanical advantage systems for hauling, raising, and moving loads.
- Demonstrate proficiency in “patient packaging and handling techniques”.
- Be able to use and establish common communication procedures, team roles and responsibilities, including an incident command system.
- Display teamwork developed during group scenarios.
Click Here to download a PDF of the course overview