40-Hr HAZWOPER Training*
Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) is a 40-hour class that mixes hands-on training and lecture and is geared for all employees who work at hazardous waste sites. Meets the requirements of OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120.
Safety Training Services, Inc. has developed a comprehensive training program that encompasses all aspects of hazardous waste operations. This HAZWOPER training covers:
- Health and safety programs.
- Site characterization and analysis.
- Appropriate site control procedures.
- Employee training requirements (29 CFR 1910.120 [e]).
- Engineering controls, work practices, and personal protective equipment for employee protection.
- Monitoring procedures and requirements.
- Informational programs.
- Procedures for handling drums and containers.
- Decontamination procedures.
- Procedures for emergency response by employees at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Illumination requirements.
- Sanitation practices at temporary workplaces.
Click Here to download a PDF of the course overview
* - Note for all of our STS HAZWOPER training courses: A change of clothing (shorts and a t-shirt) is recommended. Our courses are hands-on and may include wearing full PPE (including HAZMAT suit). It may be more comfortable for some to change into clean clothes when returning to the classroom on those days.
Do you need HAZWOPER Refresher Training? Click to go there instead!