8-Hr. HAZMAT Awareness Level*
First Responder Awareness 8-Hour Training - A class for all employees who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release and who would not take further action beyond notifying proper authorities. Meets the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120 (q).
8-Hour Refresher Course - An annually required 8-hour program for responders who are certified as Hazardous Materials Technicians and First Responder Operations. Meets the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120 (q).
Safety Training Services, Inc. offers a thorough course in hazardous materials training at the first responder awareness level. After attending this HAZWOPER training course, participants will have:
- An understanding of what hazardous substances are, and their associated risks in an incident.
- An understanding of the potential outcomes associated with an emergency created when hazardous substances are present.
- The ability to recognize the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency.
- An understanding of the role that the first responder plays in the employer’s emergency response plan, including site security and control, and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Emergency Response Guidebook.
- The ability to identify the hazardous substances, if possible.
- The ability to realize the need for additional resources, and to make the appropriate notification to the communication center.
Click Here to download a PDF of the course overview