HAZMAT Refresher Training
HAZMAT Refresher Training is an 8 hour class for all employees, managers, and supervisors who have completed the 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) course. Meets the requirements of OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120.
Safety Training Services, Inc. offers a refresher course in hazardous waste operations and emergency response (HAZWOPER). During this safety training program, participants will review:
- Health and safety issues and dangers present at hazardous waste sites.
- How to obtain names of personnel and alternates responsible for site safety & health.
- Work practices for minimizing risks from site hazards.
- Monitoring procedures and requirements.
- Informational programs.
- Procedures for handling drums and containers.
- Decontamination procedures.
- Procedures for emergency response by employees at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Illumination requirements.
- Sanitation practices at temporary workplaces.
- Medical surveillance requirements including recognition of symptoms and signs that might indicate overexposure to hazardous materials.
- Engineering controls, work practices, and personal protective equipment for employee protection.
Click Here to download a PDF of the course overview.