24-Hr. Hazardous Material Training*
First Responder Operations - This program is for all employees who respond to a spill in a defensive fashion for the purpose of containing a release from a safe distance without actually trying to stop the release. Meets the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120 (q).
Safety Training Services, Inc. offers a thorough course in hazardous materials training at the first responder operations level. After attending this HAZWOPER training course the participant will:
- Know the basic hazard and risk assessment techniques.
- Know how to select and use proper personal protective equipment provided to the first responder at the operations level.
- Understand basic hazardous material terms.
- Know how to perform basic control, containment, and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available.
- Know how to implement basic decontamination procedures.
- Understand the relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures.
Click Here to download a PDF of the course overview